Tuesday, February 5, 2008

First trip away from home!

This past weekend, we visited New York City in celebration of our nephew Devlin's Dedication. This was the first time we have traveled overnight as a family of 3. It was an interesting trip to say the least. Emma did great...it was Mommy who had a tough time! I had a hard time getting used to having to change Emma's diaper on the floor of unisex restrooms, having to squeeze through restaurants the size of tuna cans with an infant carrier and pray I didn't hit anyone or clear off their tables with my diaper bag. Needless to say, I am not cut out for the city. I am spoiled here in suburbia! Aside from all of that, it was WONDERFUL to have the family all together. This was the first time Emma met her Uncle Jim, Aunt Noreen, and cousin Devlin. The dedication ceremony was lovely and filled with close friends and family. Here are some pictures from our weekend.

All dressed up and ready to go:

Devlin was a little surprised when they sprinkled the water: Aunt Lisa and Cousin Elle:Mommy and Emma:Family: Cousins: Sleeping Cousins at Dinner:Self taken family shot in the hotel room:
So all in all we had a nice trip. I am still glad to be home!

1 comment:

Lisanne said...

So glad you guys had a nice trip! It's quite an adventure traveling with children. :) I bet that she slept for quite a bit of the way there and back. We're about 2.5 hours away from NYC (by train). Your daughter is a cutie! I love her Boppy slipcover ~ so adorable!