Wednesday, October 1, 2008

God is Good!

Every 6 months, Joe returns to Johns Hopkins for follow up for his MS. Today we went and spent a very long day, but it was all worth it.

I dropped Joe off at 9am this morning where he would undergo 2 hours of MRI's. He would then have his normal neurology exam with his doctor and I planned to meet him back at the outpatient center at 11am to accompany him to this appointment. While Joe was having his MRI, Emma and I sat and had breakfast at Panera at the Inner Harbor. After breakfast, we made our way back to Hopkins and met up with Joe and went on to his appointment.

Much to our delight, the radiologist had already read his MRI's from the morning and they were in the computer to view and compare during his neuro exam. In comparing all his MRI's from the past through today, they have all steadily improved with today's being the best. We were thrilled to see that there are no new lesions, and that some of the old lesions have disappeared!!! Joe's doctor was very happy to see the improvement and said that it's very rare to see lesions disappear. Joe now only has a couple "old spots" that are just remnants from the initial attack he suffered in December 2005. All this means that there has been no new activity in over 18 months! We have been told that he is in the very early stages of his MS and all looks great.

What an answer to prayer!! I would like to thank all of you who are faithful to pray for Joe and his health and I ask that you would continue to do so. We truly feel that it is prayer and the hand of our Lord that has blessed us to this extent. I am so glad to share this news!!

5 comments:

Josie said...

Oh so so so good to hear!

Laura said...

Oh Holly, I am so happy to hear your good news. How wonderful, and what a merciful answer to prayers. I so hope that you have a fantastic next 6 months with this news in your pocket. :) *hugs*

Beck said...

Best news of the day! I am SO happy for you. Be on the lookout for an email from me soon. xoxo

Kristen said...

Praise the Lord! I am so so happy to hear this wonderful news. You and Joe will always have our support, prayers and love. XOXO

Joe Crosley said...

I've never had a problem wearing my belt in the MRI before, but for some reason when they slid me into the scanner yesterday, my buckle creeped up my stomach and gave me a wedgie. It was the most uncomfortable 2 hour MRI ever.