Monday, November 19, 2007

36 weeks down, 4 more to go!

4 weeks to go...28 days...YIKES!!! I had my 36 week appointment this morning and found out I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced! While it is perfectly normal for a woman to sit at this stage for weeks, its exciting to me that at least something is going on in there! It is making it more real that our sweet baby girl is getting ready to make her big debut!

As promised in prior posts, I have some pictures of the nursery so far. Hopefully this weekend we will be making more progress, as the carpet for the basement comes tomorrow!! This means I can finally move my desk and office out of baby Emma's room! Here is what we have so far:

The Crib:

A good look at all her clothes:


Her dresser and lamp. The letters will be hung on the wall above her crib:
In typical pregnant woman fashion, I have begun my nesting phase. Yesterday I did laundry until midnight making sure to wash everything in site that would touch baby's skin. So I washed that full closet of clothes, blankets, socks, wash clothes, hooded towels, headbands, hats, crib bedding, and everything else under the category baby. I even wiped down stuffed animals and rattles that can't easily be tossed in the washing machine. Now, that doesn't sound so crazy right? Well, how about the fact that I sorted all the laundry according to colors. Not just whites and darks like normal laundry, I did a load of light pinks, dark pinks, purples, yellows, blues, greens, reds, and dark stuff ( like denim). Who does a load of light pinks or a load of yellows you may ask? PREGNANT PEOPLE! My theory was that I didn't want any of those super cute and perfect clothes to bleed on to another color. Made sense to me, until I made 50,000 trips from my basement to the nursery which makes for climbing 35 steps each time! But its done now and all is put away! WHEW!

Just for fun, here is a picture of me and my giant belly at 36 weeks:

and I can still get bigger? In 4 weeks I will look like a balloon stretched to its maximum...the kind of balloon where even the thought of a sharp object will make it pop. Steer clear....she's gonna blow!

4 comments:

Beck said...

Maybe all that stair climbing will get Miss Emma moving sooner than 40 weeks! I pray you aren't two weeks late as I was. The nursery and you look FAB!

Emily said...

I am so excited for you! The nursery looks just like I'd want mine to look and hell I do 50,000 loads of laundry NOW! I like vacuuming too. and dusting. Imagine if I ever get pregnant? Oh and by the way - we may be moving to PA within 2 months! :)
Surprise! Maybe I'll get to meet everyone's babies!

Kristen said...

Awww, I love the bedding! The pattern is precious. Heck, I love it all :)

You look so beautiful as always. I knew the nesting is coming but soon enough, you won't have anything left to do but wait for your little princess. XOXO

Josie said...

It looks great! You look so cute :)