Tuesday, November 13, 2007

5 weeks to go!

So with just under 5 weeks to go til D day, we are diligently trying to get everything done in time for our sweet baby girl. As most of you know, I work from home, so my office is actually where the nursery will be. Well, in order to make way for baby, we had to take on the big job of finishing our basement...YIKES! So, in October, my handy hubby started on our basement... this is what we were dealing with:

SO, you can see our work was cut out for us! Well after a few short days and the help of my handy uncle, who gets paid solely in Mountain Dew and Bologna sandwiches, and my handy hardworking in laws, we got to here:


Now, all our drywall is done, and as I type, my in laws are hard at work painting the new walls and I am happy to report that our carpet is being installed on the 20th! Here is where we are right now:

What a blessing to have family to help! The room should all be primed tonight and ready for the real paint tomorrow. More pictures to come as more progress is made!

We have also made progress in Baby Emma's room. I am proud to report that we have painted, put the crib and dresser together, and her closet is full with beautiful clothes and accessories. (Pictures coming soon). However, with having 2 rooms "under construction", my living room looks like this:


It will all be in order soon enough! At least that is what we keep telling ourselves!

2 comments:

Josie said...

What a big project! How exciting it will be to bring her home.

Oh seeing Bill and Eleanor made me miss them--they're such great people.

Kristen said...

It is coming along beautifully! I can't wait to see the fully finished product.

And, you know, if you ever need any last minute help, I'm available! XOXO