Sunday, November 25, 2007

Mission Accomplished!!

3 weeks til D- Day and I am proud to say, the nursery is FINISHED!!! I never thought we would be done in time, but we are. It was not without its obstacles for sure. Let's begin by saying I had a perfect vision for this nursery from the moment we found out we were going to have a baby girl. We were having a princess, and her room should reflect that! So lets begin with vision 1: Crown Moulding:
Anyone who has put up crown, knows it's no easy task...but nothing is too hard or too much for our baby girl right??? After several cuts, and resetting angles on the miter saw, we figure out that one wall is warped as warped can be...an impossible cut for our saw. What about my perfect vision? What about my little princess? Well, her daddy must love her ( love her or scared of the pregnant lady's wrath and crying spells) as he sat on our front steps for a good 3 hours hand sawing and filing this piece of crown moulding to make it fit perfectly on our warped wall. I went to check on him several times and each time he was diligently sawing and filing away, lovingly to say to me with a side smile, "Don't expect this in every room in our house" to which I responded with a smile and rubbing my belly, "you are such a good daddy, I love you!" Well, 3 hours later, the moulding fits! Let's all take a moment and thank the daddy to be!

Despite the crown moulding run in, and a little episode with the trinket shelves, the room looks beautiful. My perfect vision is complete for my perfect little princess. Take a look! The pictures go around the room so hopefully you can get the feel for how it looks as a whole.
Dresser, wall hangings and trinkets:

All her trinkets: (you can see the crown moulding corner that daddy did by hand)

Rocking area:

Crib with her name above it:

Close up of crib and wall letters:

All we need now is you, sweet baby Emma Katherine!

4 comments:

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

The room looks absolutely gorgeous! What an amazing job you guys did! I'm so excited for you all!!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! The room is SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Josie said...

It looks great! Good for you for having it all done in time! We made letters for David and we are still to put them up.....3 months later....

It looks wonderful