Monday, December 17, 2007

Emma's First Doctors Appointment

Well today was actually my due date and here I am with my 4 day old baby! I am still in that dream world, where I feel the alarm clock could go off at anytime and I be thrown back into real life. Over all things are going well in Chez Crosley. There have been a couple rough nights, but that's life with a newborn.

Anyway, Emma went to the doctor today for her followup appointment after being discharged from the hospital. At birth, Emma weighed 7 pounds 13 ounces and at discharge on Saturday, she weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces. This is totally normal for babies to lose some weight. Doctors just want to see them back to at least their birth weight by the time they reach 2 weeks old. Well today Emma weighed 7 pounds 7.5 ounces so she is right on track and gaining as she should. The doctor listened to her heart, checked her pulse, tested her hips, and other joints and she passed with flying colors. I don't know how the doctor could tell anything as Emma was screaming and squirming all around because she hates to be naked. She slept the whole way home in the car and is resting comfortably in her Boppy now as I type. She will go back to the doctors on Friday for her newborn screen and checkup. I will be sure to update with her progress.
Everyday we realize that we are even more blessed than the day before. We are so blessed to have each other and be sharing this amazing journey together. Emma is a perfect gift from an even more perfect God. She truly is our glimpse of heaven. Here are a couple of pictures from today:

Emma after nursing...yes she nurses with her hand at her face like that!

Emma thinking Mommy has taken enough pictures:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still can't figure out who she looks like yet... lol!

Lisanne said...

That's exactly how it feels ~ parenthood just keeps getting better with every day, even though some days have their difficulties. So happy for you! Wow, I bet that Laura is envious of you ~ she wants her little guy to come out NOW!!! haha :) Too cool that you both had the same due date. She's precious!

Kristen said...

I think she looks just like you - Rob and I both said the same thing. She is so precious! I can't wait to meet her and see her sweet face in person. XOXO