Saturday, December 1, 2007

Tis the Season

Happy December 1st! For me December 1st has always meant the start of the Christmas season. It was always hard for me to transition on Black Friday. I mean on Friday, I have barely woken up from my Thanksgiving coma and its time to start thinking about door buster holiday sales and Christmas? I just can't do it. December 1st was always it for me.

This year however, with our pending arrival, I actually did start Christmas rather early this year by getting all the shopping done before Thanksgiving, unheard of I know!! I did wait on the house decorations and Christmas tree until just the last couple days. I actually just finished the tree this afternoon
Here is our tree in all its splendor:


Now with every Christmas that comes and goes, I get a special ornament for things that happened that year. So, in 2005 we bought our house, so we had a new home ornament that year. In 2006 we got married, so of course we had an "Our First Christmas Together" ornament to celebrate that. Well here we are in 2007 and we are expecting our first child and hopefully she will make her debut before Christmas making this Baby's First Christmas. So of course I have gotten ornaments to commemorate this year's milestones:

You & Me and Baby Make 3!

Sorry the pictures are a little blurry, but its tough to get close up without a flash. Anyway, I hope I haven't jinxed myself into a late arrival by not only buying, but also displaying the Baby's First Christmas ornament. Only time will tell.

I hope everyone is enjoying getting ready for the holidays. Here is to health and happiness and a wonderful, beautiful Christmas 2007!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Your tree looks awesome! Good job! I hope Emma gets here soon :)