Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!! Happy Birthday Jesus! Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. This year, however, was the most special Christmas for our family as we now have our sweet daughter Emma.

This year more than ever, I reflect on the Christmas story. Now that I am a mother, and I gaze into the face of my sweet child, I am flooded with emotion of how Mary must have felt to look on the face of her new son and know she was looking at the face of our almighty God. How she must have felt to know she was holding an innocent child who depended solely on her for all his needs; a child who would grow into a man who would die so that she may live. In the words of one of my favorite Christmas songs:
"Mary did you know that your baby boy would one day walk on water? Mary did you know, that your baby boy would save our sons and daughters? Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new? The child that you delivered, will soon deliver you."
I am just overwhelmed by this whole story.

Our Christmas began here at home by waking up and opening our presents. As most of you know, I work from home. I have been working the last year with a small desk that has been less than adequate, but I knew once we moved the office to the basement and got settled, a new desk was in the future. Well to my surprise, after we opened our gifts this morning, Joe told me that there was still one more gift for me downstairs that was just too heavy for him to put under the tree. We went downstairs and there is a new fully assembled desk all set up and ready for me when I go back to work in February. How thoughtful!! Yes ladies, he is taken and yes he has brothers, but they are taken too...Sorry!!

After a little nap, we all got ready and headed to my parents house for dinner. We got several lovely gifts and had a great meal! Here are a couple pictures from the evening:
Our Family:
Our little Christmas Present:
A Father's Love:
The outfit I wanted Emma to wear, but it's too big...the pants fell off when I picked her up:

I hope the magic of Christmas found you and may many blessings come to you all in the new year. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments: